The Young Professionals Network (YPN) is a dynamic group of young professionals who support Open Hands through fundraising, awareness and professional assistance, thereby furthering Open Hands’ mission of providing free legal services to low-income New Yorkers. The YPN promotes Open Hands’ fundraising initiatives, specifically, the annual Spring Benefit, our signature fundraising event. YPN members act as ambassadors for Open Hands and participate in a variety of fundraising initiatives and events that strengthen our program capacity. In addition to fundraising, the YPN enjoys and values networking, socializing and participating in Open Hands’ volunteer opportunities. We are looking for candidates with the following credentials and the ability to meet the following requirements:
• Commitment to the mission of Open Hands Legal Services, which is to “faithfully respond to God’s call to seek justice and defend the rights of the poor by providing legal services and counseling to the poor and indigent in New York City.”
• Specific experience or expertise that will further Open Hands’ mission.
• Strong self-starter who works well both independently and as part of a team.
• Volunteer at least once annually at the Open Hands Legal Aid Desk or Entrepreneur Law Workshop and/or participate in the Open Hands prayer ministry.
• Attend bi-monthly meetings.
• Meet the give/get requirement.
• Actively participate in YPN projects, such as promoting and coordinating the Annual Spring Benefit.
• Make the YPN a priority; prospective candidates should sit on no more than one other board.
To apply, email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Brief statement (500 words or less) of interest including a) why you would like to join the YPN; b) how your experience would benefit the YPN; and c) how your membership can assist Open Hands in meeting its goals.
• Open Hands will schedule an interview with potential YPN candidates to occur in August 2013.