The Young Professionals Network (YPN) offers supporters in their 20s and 30s an opportunity to support Open Hands Legal Services (OHLS) by acting as ambassadors for OHLS and promoting fundraising initiatives. Members participate in a variety of fun projects and events that strengthen our program capacity. This is a great opportunity for those who enjoy meeting people, events and networking.
Throughout their service term from October 2018 to September 2019, members will gain:
- Substantive experience in nonprofit leadership
YPN members may choose to:
- Fundraise, including raising awareness for all campaigns and events on the OHLS fundraising calendar
- Attend, host, and recruit guests for YPN events. The YPN may host up to three events in the next year. Members will provide strategic relationships and recruit guests, and OHLS staff and YPN members will work together to manage event logistics.
- Fall 2018: Young Supporters fall kick-off event
- November 27-December 31st: OHLS #GivingTueday and year-end campaign
- November 28, 2017 - Volunteer Appreciation/Year End Event
- March 2019: Spring Benefit kickoff/YPN Winter Social
- April 2019/May 2019: Spring Benefit
- All members should attend or send a representative.
- All members should pay for their own ticket and invite at least five people.
- Certain designated positions on the YPN may have additional responsibilities.
- July/August 2019: End of Summer YPN Social
- Late Summer 2019:Justice Circle Fall Monthly Giving Drive
- Volunteer at Legal Aid Desks
- Actively support OHLS throughout the year, including:
- Donate to OHLS in a way that is personally significant and meaningful
- Understand OHLS’s mission well enough to effectively communicate it to others
ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE
All are welcome. Please email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration for the 2018-2019 season. If we feel that you and the YPN could be a great fit, we’ll contact you in September!